TASCAM’s DP-008 is an 8-track Digital Portastudio small enough to fit into a guitar case.
Based on the best-selling DP-004, the DP-008 adds four more tracks for a total of eight tracks with built-in mixing. The DP-008 has dedicated knobs for volume and pan for each track, plus a reverb send knob for the built-in reverb effect. The DP-008 has two XLR microphone inputs with phantom power, a guitar level input and even built-in stereo mics so you’re ready to record anything. Tracks are mixed down to a dedicated stereo track and EQ is available on each track, but the Portastudio interface keeps it simple to use.
The new TASCAM DP-008 records to SD Card media, and a 2GB card is included with the unit.
• 8-track Digital Portastudio
• 2-track simultaneous recording
• (2) XLR microphone inputs with phantom power
• (2) 1/4" line inputs, one switchable to guitar level for direct recording
• 1/4" footswitch input and Autopunch features for punch-in recording
• RCA line outputs
• 1/8" stereo headphone output
• Powered by four AA batteries (included) or PS-P520 power supply (optional)
• Chromatic tuner and metronome features
• Stereo reverb effect on send/return path
• Level, Pan and 2-band EQ controls per channel
• 44.1kHz/16-bit recording resolution
• Records to SD or SDHC Card media, up to 32GB supported
• USB 2.0 connection to computer for backup and track/mixdown export
• 2GB SD Card, USB cable, AA batteries included
• Built-in stereo electret condenser microphones
• Backlit LCD display
Estimated street price of $299.
Originally posted 2009-12-07 16:38:18.