Earlier this year, SKB Corporation introduced the 1SKB-R104 Rack case and the 1SKB-AV8...Read More
Liz Longley (Philadelphia, PA, USA) won the top prize at Sixth annual IAMA (International Acoustic Music Awards). The singer-songwriter also won first prize in the Folk category. Liz is a Berklee College of Music student and...Read More
By Scott Woodward Like most of us, I am always chasing the next big gig. I was the guy combing through all the trade papers and magazines. I was always signing up for the services where you can look at gigs and advertise...Read More
Careers, Contracts and the 360 Deal: Lisa Popeil Talks With Entertainment Attorney Phalen “Chuck” Hurewitz Esq.
By Lisa Popeil Lisa: What do emerging artists need to know about the role of entertainment attorneys?Chuck: Entertainment attorneys may specialize in film/TV, books, content distribution or music. An artist should...Read More
Want more and better gig? Here are two fists full of tips for making that happen.1. PRACTICE!...Read More
Pat’s Guide to Better Gigging – Part 1 – 10 Ways to Get Yourself Playing Bigger and Better...Read More
- Live Sound 101: Microphone Basics (SPL Network)Microphones are the most important tools used in live sound. Just as a carpenter must know how to use power tools to accomplish a certain task,musicians and engineers need to know how to effectively choose and use the right microphone in order to get predictable, consistent results. The post Live Sound 101: Microphone Basics (SPL […]
- Comparing Four Software Audio Maximizers (SPL Network)Bruce Bartlett: “All limiters reduce the peak level of transients and reduce transient clarity and focus. I wanted to compare the sound of four peak limiter/normalizers, also called maximizers.” The post Comparing Four Software Audio Maximizers (SPL Network) appeared first on Level11Media.
- On the Road For 16 Years With Peter Frampton (SPL Network)At the time we published this, Vinnie had been with Peter Frampton for 16 years. As we add this to Snapshot, we’re at 22 years. A look at mixing shows for the artist with the biggest selling live album of all time. After 16 Years With Peter Frampton, Vinnie Kowalsky Stopped Counting Shows–and Miles–A Long […]
- Riding the Crosby and Nash Express (SPL Network)Kevin Madigan (Sound Image) On Great Singers, Great Players and Stuffing It In the Box The post Riding the Crosby and Nash Express (SPL Network) appeared first on Level11Media.
- Stage Collapses and the Internet (SPL Network)Stage collapses are an old and unfortunate story, but our awareness of them is changing. More people see each incident more quickly. That increased awareness is an improvement that looks like decline. A look at the history by author and investigative reporter Chris Bray. The post Stage Collapses and the Internet (SPL Network) appeared first […]
The Indie Report – Live & DirectOct 25, 2020
SoundCloud Labs Showcases Experimental Music AppsOct 24, 2020
Nick Cave, Neko Case Team Up for "True Blood"Oct 23, 2020
Listen: The Black Keys Cover Buddy Holly (Via Spin)Oct 23, 2020
From Rolling Stone: Steven Tyler Tells AllOct 22, 2020
Cort Guitars Revise Industry FavoriteOct 22, 2020
SuperMegaUltraGroovy Announces Capo 2.1Oct 21, 2020
EASTWEST Announces Best Service “Modern Pop”Oct 20, 2020