Earlier this year, SKB Corporation introduced the 1SKB-R104 Rack case and the 1SKB-AV8...Read More
Liz Longley (Philadelphia, PA, USA) won the top prize at Sixth annual IAMA (International Acoustic Music Awards). The singer-songwriter also won first prize in the Folk category. Liz is a Berklee College of Music student and...Read More
By Scott Woodward Like most of us, I am always chasing the next big gig. I was the guy combing through all the trade papers and magazines. I was always signing up for the services where you can look at gigs and advertise...Read More
Careers, Contracts and the 360 Deal: Lisa Popeil Talks With Entertainment Attorney Phalen “Chuck” Hurewitz Esq.
By Lisa Popeil Lisa: What do emerging artists need to know about the role of entertainment attorneys?Chuck: Entertainment attorneys may specialize in film/TV, books, content distribution or music. An artist should...Read More
Want more and better gig? Here are two fists full of tips for making that happen.1. PRACTICE!...Read More
Pat’s Guide to Better Gigging – Part 1 – 10 Ways to Get Yourself Playing Bigger and Better...Read More
- Sensaphonics offers free email consultation with Dr. Michael SantucciSensaphonics, the technology leader in personal monitoring and hearing wellness, is offering free email consultation with Dr. Michael Santucci for music industry professionals during the company’s COVID-19 lockdown. Dr. Santucci is a globally recognized expert and advocate in hearing wellness for musicians, and founder and President of Sensaphonics. Each day during April, Dr. Santucci will […]
- Two Music and Audio Buyouts That May Actually Be Good News… For a ChangeA couple of pieces of industry news that may have gotten lost amidst the poop-show that passes for common culture and attention spans these days. Buyouts happen all the time and we should all expect so see more of them for a couple of reasons. 1) Many of the founders of enterprises ranging from smaller […]
- NAMM PixThe post NAMM Pix appeared first on Level11Media.
- Silent RehearsalsSo, you gotta rehearse the band but the neighbors have a problem with your blazing, shredding guitar leads and drum solos. Here are some tips for keeping your sound intact and your neighbors… The post Silent Rehearsals appeared first on Level11Media.
- Behind The ScenesIn December of last year, singer/songwriter David Wilcox enterted the studio to record his 16th album. Over the next 7 days Open Hand was recorded from start to finish the ‘old school’ way: on 2 inch 16 track analog tape. All songs were recorded live. Minimal overdubbing was used and there were no "computer tricks." […]
Acoustic Guitar Pickup Primer: Part 1, IntroductionJul 13, 2020
Winter WoesJul 12, 2020
The Solo Artist Adapts – Part 3Jul 12, 2020
Gibson Guitars Wins Trademark Infringement CaseJul 11, 2020
Pros and Cons of Mixing in the BoxJul 11, 2020
Studio FrightJul 10, 2020
L2P Sales Pitch v1Jul 10, 2020
Reverb Secrets to Clarify Your MixJul 9, 2020
Live2Play DigitalEd #58Jul 9, 2020
Demo Recording For SongwritersJul 8, 2020