Need a mic that can be placed up-close on virtually any acoustic instrument? Something small, yet capable of producing a crisp and intelligible sound that doesn’t get lost in the mix? If, in the world of audio, there existed a Swiss Army Mic, it would be Audio-Technica’s ATM350a and its rebel band of cool mounting tools. Click this link and read our review at SNAPSHOT.
About The Author
September 24, 2015
October 20, 2015
October 2, 2014
October 4, 2016
- Live Sound 101: Microphone Basics (SPL Network)Microphones are the most important tools used in live sound. Just as a carpenter must know how to use power tools to accomplish a certain task,musicians and engineers need to know how to effectively choose and use the right microphone in order to get predictable, consistent results. The post Live Sound 101: Microphone Basics (SPL […]
- Comparing Four Software Audio Maximizers (SPL Network)Bruce Bartlett: “All limiters reduce the peak level of transients and reduce transient clarity and focus. I wanted to compare the sound of four peak limiter/normalizers, also called maximizers.” The post Comparing Four Software Audio Maximizers (SPL Network) appeared first on Level11Media.
- On the Road For 16 Years With Peter Frampton (SPL Network)At the time we published this, Vinnie had been with Peter Frampton for 16 years. As we add this to Snapshot, we’re at 22 years. A look at mixing shows for the artist with the biggest selling live album of all time. After 16 Years With Peter Frampton, Vinnie Kowalsky Stopped Counting Shows–and Miles–A Long […]
- Riding the Crosby and Nash Express (SPL Network)Kevin Madigan (Sound Image) On Great Singers, Great Players and Stuffing It In the Box The post Riding the Crosby and Nash Express (SPL Network) appeared first on Level11Media.
- Stage Collapses and the Internet (SPL Network)Stage collapses are an old and unfortunate story, but our awareness of them is changing. More people see each incident more quickly. That increased awareness is an improvement that looks like decline. A look at the history by author and investigative reporter Chris Bray. The post Stage Collapses and the Internet (SPL Network) appeared first […]
The Indie Report – Live & DirectOct 25, 2020
SoundCloud Labs Showcases Experimental Music AppsOct 24, 2020
Nick Cave, Neko Case Team Up for "True Blood"Oct 23, 2020
Listen: The Black Keys Cover Buddy Holly (Via Spin)Oct 23, 2020
From Rolling Stone: Steven Tyler Tells AllOct 22, 2020
Cort Guitars Revise Industry FavoriteOct 22, 2020
SuperMegaUltraGroovy Announces Capo 2.1Oct 21, 2020
EASTWEST Announces Best Service “Modern Pop”Oct 20, 2020
acoustic audio-technica band Bass drums electric fishman guitar guitarist guitars iphone jake Jake Kelly Kelly Line 6 Live Sound loudspeakers Mackie mic microphone microphones mixing music music business musician musicians NAMM other news PA performing pickup PreSonus recording review Richard Gilewitz Shure singer singing songwriter Songwriting sound Top 10 touring video Yamaha