Originally posted 2011-11-11 17:56:13.
About The Author
Audio Engineering Society member Bruce Bartlett is a recording engineer, audio journalist, and microphone engineer (www.bartlettaudio.com). His latest books are "Practical Recording Techniques 6th Edition" and "Recording Music On Location."
- Emulating musical modelsOnline tutorials these days have a simple format. Just follow and of course you will need to slow it down, freeze frame it and work it up bit by bit in emulation of the model. This is what students do in coming to GCSE study in one Cambridgeshire secondary school and no doubt more widely. […]
- Review: PreSonus Air SeriesThe PreSonus AIR loudspeaker series offers great sound and enhanced portability at an acceptable price. Over the summer, I’ve been putting a pair of 15″ two-way tops with 15″ subs through some rather excruciating trials. The most recent event was a concert by the Australian duo Severed Heads. You can read the review at FOHonline. […]
- Bruce Springsteen Talks Politics, Marriage and Why He Won’t Write an ‘Anti-Trump Diatribe’Check out the second part of Variety’s interview with The Boss. The post Bruce Springsteen Talks Politics, Marriage and Why He Won’t Write an ‘Anti-Trump Diatribe’ appeared first on Level11Media.
- Snapshot Review: Audio-Technica’s ATM350aCardioid Condenser Instrument Microphone with UniMount components We all know that to get the best, most accurate, sound from any instrument, with the least possibility of feedback, we need the mic to be as close to the source of the sound as possible. This can be a challenge, especially when working with an ever changing […]
- “The Guys That Are In Control Are Not Honoring the Arts” (LA Times)While walking from his sculpture and painting studios to his recording studio on a typically Pacific-breezy afternoon, trumpeter, A&M Records co-founder and philanthropist Herb Alpert paused to describe his first brush with a horn. It was at a music appreciation class when he was a kid, Alpert, 82, said during a tour of his oceanfront Malibu […]
Lisa PopeilJan 19, 2022
Fender Visitor Center TourJan 18, 2022
The Original Church Sax In "C"Jan 18, 2022
Review: UE Vocal Reference MonitorsJan 17, 2022
Rachel Brown: BumblebeeJan 17, 2022
Catalina Bar Moves Up to Line 6Jan 16, 2022
Shure PGXD Digital Wireless ReviewJan 16, 2022
Auralex ProPAD Monitor IsolatorsJan 15, 2022
Close-Up: The PreSonus StudioLive 32.4.2AIJan 15, 2022
Meanwhile, On A Stage Over At Disney….Jan 14, 2022
acoustic audio-technica band Bass drums electric fishman guitar guitarist guitars iphone jake Jake Kelly Kelly Line 6 Live Sound loudspeakers Mackie mic microphone microphones mixing music music business musician musicians NAMM other news PA performing pickup PreSonus recording review Richard Gilewitz Shure singer singing songwriter Songwriting sound Top 10 touring video Yamaha