With the rumors of a comeback confirmed, author David Calarco created the blog, “Mr. Miner‘s Phish Thoughts.” Several years later the blog has grown into the most trusted fan resource and Calarco has compiled his perspective in book form, aptly titled: Mr. Miner’s Phish Thoughts.
Considered by many to be the authority on the music of jam-band Phish, and their culture, David Calarco has selected show reviews, historical articles, expository essays, personal accounts and photographs to deliver an epic collection of everything Phish.
A fantastic photo-filled anthology chronicling every step of the bands comeback in 2009 and 2010, while covering the band’s entire career over of 300+ essays, this book is the ultimate Phish fan’s collector item. Based on the scene’s most popular blog on everything Phish (www.phishthoughts.com), Mr. Miner’s Phish Thoughts brings every music fan into their world, featuring:
- An intimate portrait of the band’s rebirth in 2009 and 2010
- A meticulous look at the band’s music and entire 29 year career
- 260+ pages of band photos
- The in-depth and historical perspective of a “Phish Head” who has seen over 400 shows
- A lens on Phish culture – from the music to the psychedelics
- Personal accounts from a knowledgeable fan’s point of view
- A look at why Phish are the kings of modern improvisational rock
“Most anthologies are simply a series of essays,” says Calarco. “But this book contains a system of thought-out, topical connections that allows the reader to navigate the book however he pleases, like the “Choose You Own Adventure” books from childhood. I hope all music fans will enjoy every facet of the book.
Originally posted 2012-06-26 11:13:27.