The acoustic features of the KK 204 and KK 205 capsule heads are derived from thewired Neumann stage microphones, the KMS 104 and KMS 105. According to Neumann, The KK 204, with its cardioid pattern, ensures the best possible suppression of sound originating from 180 degrees to the rear, while the supercardioid KK 205 has greater directivity, and maximizes incident sound from the front as compared to sound from the rear. Due to the “single polar pattern design,” the polar patterns are very uniform over the entire frequency range and provide excellent resistance to feedback.
Both the KK 204 and KK 205 feature:
• Reduced handling noise: Very low sensitivity to handling noise with a steep roll-off from approximately 78 Hz
• Reduced plosives and sibilance: Both capsules feature a foam-lined grille to ensure smooth sound
• Wide dynamic range with high SPL capability: 126 dB-A of dynamic range with 150 dB MAX SPL
• Low feedback: Incredibly smooth and flat frequency response provided high gain before feedback
• Easy to service components: Neumann understands the rigors of the road and has made the KK 204 and KK 205 exceptionally robust but easy to service if necessary.