According to Yamaha, "The DSR Series takes portable loudspeakers to the extreme limits of their potential. Output levels pushed to the highest sound pressure levels possible, yet in cabinets that are lightweight and compact…..
Sound resolution remains superb, no matter how hard or for how long the speakers are driven. Designed by applying our leading-edge digital and acoustic technologies developed over decades, the DSR Series provides a listening experience that re-defines high definition sound reinforcement."
The new DSR Series is comprised of three full-range models (DSR112, DSR115 and DSR215) and a subwoofer (DSR118W). The DSR Series features an ideal combination of advanced digital sound processing and the latest acoustic technologies for Integral Digital Tuning, plus our all-new D-CONTOUR (Dynamic-CONTOUR) multi-band dynamic processing for Intelligent Dynamic Control. Furthermore, they harness our next-generation high power Class-D amplifiers, featuring PFC switching mode power supply for Powerful Digital Drive while power supply, amplifiers, and transducers are continuously monitored by Extensive DSP Protection.
The four easy-to-handle, flexible DSR Series models are well suited for various specific needs, making them ideal for a wide range of professional applications. The DSR112 and DSR115 cabinets have a 35mm pole socket for stand or pole mounting and integrated M10 rigging points for suspended applications with standard eyebolts*.
The DSR112 can be angled for use as an onstage floor monitor and additional monitors can be daisy-chained via the XLR THRU socket on the rear panel. All full-range models also feature XLR and ¼” TRS jack inputs that accept both mic and line level inputs.
*eyebolts not included.
• Next-generation active loudspeakers incorporating high performance DSP* and all-new high power Class-D amplifiers with PFC switching mode power supply *full range models only
• Advanced digital sound processing with 48-bit internal processing (76-bit Accumulator) —FIR-X tuningT for the smoothest possible crossover transitions —High power DSP and 24-bit discrete ADCs and DACs for maximum dynamic range
• D-CONTOUR (Dynamic-CONTOUR) multi-band dynamic processing provides consistent clarity at both high and low output levels • Compact and lightweight, yet capable of 1300W*(LF850W, HF450W) power output. Loudest, cleanest output of any loudspeakers in their class. (DSR118W:800W)
• Extensive protection of the transducers, amplifiers and power supply from high performance DSP. * Premium-grade, custom designed transducers
• Exclusive LTBD (Long Throw, Broad Dispersion) Constant Directivity Waveguide Horns provide expansive 90° × 60° coverage.
• Stand and pole mountable, with 35mm pole sockets (DSR112, DSR115). • M10 rigging points for suspended installation (DSR112, DSR115).
• DSR112 can be tilted for use as a floor monitor. Prices range from US $1,199.00 MSRP to US $1,649.00 MSRP.
Originally posted 2010-11-03 14:34:07.