Originally posted 2011-01-31 13:23:14.
About The Author
Audio Engineering Society member Bruce Bartlett is a recording engineer, audio journalist, and microphone engineer (www.bartlettaudio.com). His latest books are "Practical Recording Techniques 6th Edition" and "Recording Music On Location."
June 21, 2019
May 12, 2019
June 3, 2020
- Julius_media_game_changeThe post Julius_media_game_change appeared first on Level11Media.
- Angel Olsen PedalsFollowing the release of her debut EP, Strange Cacti, in 2010, Angel Olsen has continuously produced work that is moving, honest, and highly dynamic. Whether alone at the microphone or backed by a full band, Olsen traverses genre and expectation, creating timeless albums including the 2014 breakout Burn Your Fire For No Witness and last […]
- Review:TLM 102 large diaphragm condenser microphone from NeumannThis mic is smooth and velvety throughout the frequency range with an overall balanced sound. It adds a nice body and presence to the bass, while smoothing out the highs at the same time – perfect for my Taylor 412ce, which is a bright, focused guitar. The microphone’s small size makes it easy to work […]
- Practical knowledge and music educationIn last week’s blog I wondered about the idea of a skills-based music curriculum at a time when there is an intensified discourse surrounding the idea of a knowledge-based curriculum extended to a knowledge-rich curriculum.  In my blog I differentiated between ‘knowing how’ and ‘skill’. Practical knowledge and music education thumbnail courtesy of wordpress.com […]
- CONCERT BEST BETS: Things can get loud with Barb Wire Dolls; psychedelic with All Them Witches; and downright …… established seemingly overnight the style now referred to a neo-classical melodic rock. A legend in both style and technique, Malmsteens long career reach new heights when his totally classical work for orchestra and solo electric guitar, Concerto … CONCERT BEST BETS: Things can get loud with Barb Wire Dolls; psychedelic with All Them Witches; […]
Holding Back:Jan 22, 2022
Interview Advice:Jan 22, 2022
When You Don’t Get the GigJan 21, 2022
Odd Instruments: Good Vibrations?Jan 21, 2022
Serato DJ Now Compatible With NS6.Jan 20, 2022
To Litigate or Not To Litigate:Jan 20, 2022
Paramore NowJan 19, 2022
Lisa PopeilJan 19, 2022
Fender Visitor Center TourJan 18, 2022
The Original Church Sax In "C"Jan 18, 2022